The McCreary Cancer Center dramatically enhances coordinated cancer care by housing radiation and medical oncology together. It signals the beginning of a new model of care, merging academic and community care to better meet the needs of our patients and their families.
Special features of the center include:
- William E. and Allene Broyhill Stevens Radiation Oncology Wing
- Wilson Oncology Wing
- Treatment planning on-site, with sophisticated technology integrating various imaging studies
- Linear accelerator with focused radiation, limiting exposure to areas not being treated
- Chemotherapy preparation on-site
- 10 private chemotherapy bays
- Laboratory services on-site
- Physician offices within the center
In addition to providing you with the quality care that you trust, we are committed to providing you with the caring that you deserve. Here are a few ways that we focus on your total wellness.
- Healthy lifestyles education
- Patient resource center with Internet access
- Wi-fi enabled facility
- Spacious waiting area
- Susan Rivers Johnson Memorial Garden
- Refreshment areas
- Convenient location next to Wig Bank of Caldwell County
Full array of support programs including:
- I Can Cope
- Just Us Guys
- Look Good, Feel Better
- Restorative Yoga
- With Love
Our oncologists - Dr. Michael Heller (Medical Oncology) and Dr. Theodore Yaeger (Radiation Oncology) - each have over 25 years of personal experience in caring for patients with cancer.
McCreary Cancer Center is a division of Caldwell Memorial Hospital.
212 Mulberry St., SW
Lenoir, NC 28645